Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When disaster strikes, you want to be sure that your home's damage is handled by a professional. SERVPRO of Lake Mary, Heathrow is here for you. We specialize in water damage cleanup and restoration, and we have the tools and expertise to ensure that your home is restored as quickly as possible.
Our team has been helping homeowners recover from damage for many years, so we have decades of experience in this field. We understand that when you're dealing with water damage, it can be hard to know what to do next or who to trust—we're here to make things easier for you. When you call us for help, we'll send out a team of experts who will assess the damage, determine what caused it, and then get started on cleaning up the mess before it becomes worse than it needs to be.
We offer 24/7 service when an emergency strikes, which means that whether it's 3 AM or 3 PM on a Saturday afternoon, we'll be there right away to take care of things so that you can get back to normal life sooner rather than later!
Check out our Water Damage Tips down below to learn more about the steps you can take after a water loss.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (407) 767-5507
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.