Content Cleaning Methods After Water Damage
Cleaning Content After Water Damage
Whether the culprit is a severe storm, broken pipe, or another unexpected event, water damage to your Lake Mary, FL, the property is more than a structural problem. A flooded company means that carpets, rugs, furniture, documents, electronics and more may be at risk. When you choose a certified water damage remediation and restoration company, you get a team of experts focused on restoring those items.
Dry Cleaning and Other Methods
Restoring belongings saves money and time, but it isn’t an easy task. Depending on what is damaged, it may require different methods of cleaning. Many of these involve specialized equipment and processes. When choosing SERVPRO, contents are pretested to determine salvageability. From there, the following cleaning methods may be used to restore them back to normal:
- Dry: Ideal for pre-cleaning and removing light residues.
- Wet: Method for eradicating moderate and heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe: Used on items unable to be wet cleaned.
- Foam: A wet cleaning alternative for materials known to bleed or shrink, such as upholstery fabrics.
- Abrasive: Agitation on the material surface to remove heavy-duty stains.
- Immersion: Items are fully immersed in a cleaning solution bath.
Salvaging Documents and Electronics for a Flooded Company
While the above methods work on a number of materials, some items in your business are much more delicate. Any electronics will be thoroughly cleaned and inspected by a specialized technician to determine if they will be safe to continue using.
Documents and photographs also make the list of items that may not need to be tossed. From air drying to vacuum freezing, the extent of the damage will determine the best, if any, restoration method.
The owner of a flooded company has a lot to deal with from the building itself to the vital documents needed to operate. Choosing a professional restoration company makes it easier to restore items instead of replacing them.